On Saturday I dressed up as a lion for a children's church event in town. It was so much fun and the kids loved it, but by the time I got home, I was whacked. I honestly don't know how people with big frizzy hair cope in the heat – my lion's mane was tied up in a bun as soon as I got home and I was craving something strong and cold to cool me down and soothe my headache. Caffeine always helps, and because I hadn't had a coffee all day, I decided to have a go at making an iced one.
I love iced coffee, but the amount of sugar that goes into the ones in coffee shops is off putting. Making my own was so easy, tasted great and gave me the pick-me-up I needed without making me feel like I'd just drank a dessert.
Recipe for Skinny Iced Cappuccino
- 2 tsp instant coffee – I used Black & Beyond espresso because I like it super strong.
- Half a cup of skimmed milk
- Sweet freedom/honey/sugar to taste
1. Boil the kettle and put your coffee in a mug.
2. Fill the mug half way with the boiling water and stir.
3. Top up with milk and stir again. (I am essentially telling you how to make a cup of coffee, it's that easy).
4. Next add your sweet freedom/sugar – I used about three teaspoons.
5. Fill half a glass with crushed ice and add to the coffee in your blender.
No fancy frothing needed – the foam forms all on its own in the blender.
Mm mm mm. What's your go-to recipe for iced coffee? Let me know your recommendations – I might be going through a phase... I also made iced tea that day, but that's a recipe for another post, another day.