7 July 2014

Recipe: Skinny Iced Cappuccino


On Saturday I dressed up as a lion for a children's church event in town. It was so much fun and the kids loved it, but by the time I got home, I was whacked. I honestly don't know how people with big frizzy hair cope in the heat – my lion's mane was tied up in a bun as soon as I got home and I was craving something strong and cold to cool me down and soothe my headache. Caffeine always helps, and because I hadn't had a coffee all day, I decided to have a go at making an iced one. 

I love iced coffee, but the amount of sugar that goes into the ones in coffee shops is off putting. Making my own was so easy, tasted great and gave me the pick-me-up I needed without making me feel like I'd just drank a dessert.

Recipe for Skinny Iced Cappuccino

Ingredients:

  • 2 tsp instant coffee – I used Black & Beyond espresso because I like it super strong. 
  • Half a cup of skimmed milk
  • Sweet freedom/honey/sugar to taste
1. Boil the kettle and put your coffee in a mug. 

2. Fill the mug half way with the boiling water and stir.

3. Top up with milk and stir again. (I am essentially telling you how to make a cup of coffee, it's that easy).


4. Next add your sweet freedom/sugar – I used about three teaspoons.


5. Fill half a glass with crushed ice and add to the coffee in your blender.

6. Whizz it all up and there you have it.

No fancy frothing needed – the foam forms all on its own in the blender.


Mm mm mm. What's your go-to recipe for iced coffee? Let me know your recommendations – I might be going through a phase... I also made iced tea that day, but that's a recipe for another post, another day.

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. after reading this i don't know why i ever imagined iced coffee would be a pain to make! i completely agree with you about coffee shop coffees, i had a cookie crumble frappuccino from starbucks in london last week and just felt so, so ill after drinking it all – SO much sugar! i'll definitely be keeping an eye out for your iced tea edition too ;-)

    robyn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought it would be too, funny, isn't it?
      This one is more of a drink than a dessert, but I think if you added some ice cream and full fat milk it would be ;)
      N xo

      Delete
  2. Ah thanks for this! I didn't realise it would be so simple! It's such a good idea now the whether's nice as well because I love coffee but don't always feel like a hot drink now! I haven't got any of that sweetener so I was going to use standard coffee, but would you recommend the sweetener in general?
    www.goodgirlgonebrum.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use any kind of sweetener you like - sugar, honey, golden syrup, whatever you like :)
      And you can find Sweet Freedom in big supermarkets xo

      Delete
  3. thanks for this!! i love iced coffees in the summer so much - this looks like a breeze to make x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so quick and easy! Let me know if you make it :)
      N xo

      Delete
  4. I did wonder how people made these at home! haha. I'm def going to be having these everyday now. make up looks fab... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks ;) unfortunately the sheer amount of make up I had on made me break out :( but it was worth it!
      N xo

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig