21 March 2014

Word of the Week

This week went by as fast as any other, and I really think that can only mean one thing – I am enjoying life. 

It was my mum's Birthday on Wednesday and all the family came round for a lovely meal cooked by my dad. I took a day off lent and indulged in three puddings and had fun playing with baby OH. She is growing and changing so much! If you haven't read my post on becoming an auntie, you can check it out here.

Despite the excitement of a Birthday and lots of hard work this week, it wasn't difficult to decide on my word of the week. Halcyon is a word I wish I used more often. It's stunningly unique and has such a common meaning, I wonder why I don't see or hear it more than once every now and then.


Halcyon, halcyon, halcyon. It sounds mystical, almost royal. The more I think about it, the more it sounds like the perfect name for a baby boy. Maybe I'll add it to my list.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Everytime I hear that word, I think of Delphic and Ellie Goulding's albm, ha!

    Halima
    Fashionicide // Fashion, with a difference
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I realised afterwards that Ellie Goulding's album is called Halcyon!
      N xo

      Delete
  2. This is such a great word. Love the meaning :)

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG im so going to use this in my eng essay!!!

    hope we can follow each other :D
    __________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    If you’d like, I’ll follow you back :) Bloggers should support each other x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the word!

    So do you pronounce it hal-see-on? Or some way else?

    I love the idea of having a word of the week - such a great way to broaden your horizons.

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I think that's how you pronounce it! It's such a good word isn't it :)
      N xo

      Delete
  5. It sounds so lovely! I love finding new words, but even moreso when it's because I have stumbled on your weekly blog post :) One of my favourite posts xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig