18 April 2019

Gluten-Free Mini Egg Chocolate Cake

I've been there for all the Easter trends – creme egg brownies? I obsessed and made countless trays in my uni kitchen. And caramel egg cupcakes – they were a hit with my colleagues a few years ago. But really, there's only one Easter treat that stands the test of time, and that's mini eggs. Mini eggs on shredded wheat nests, mini eggs straight in my mouth, mini eggs on top of this gorgeous chocolate cake!


Since working at Bean & Bread I have been experimenting with lots of new recipes with Jess, the owner, and this gluten-free mini egg chocolate cake has been a huge hit with our customers – both those with a gluten intolerance and without! The absolute dreamiest of buttercream frostings is only atop Magnolia bakery cupcakes (a casual 3,000 mile trip to New York) but a quick google search meant I could recreate it at home and... create something quite special. 



Tomorrow is the last day we'll be serving this cake at Bean & Bread (Good Friday, 9am-5pm) but the recipes are linked below so you can have a go at making it at home if you don't get a chance to try ours! Let us know what you think – @beanandbread_ @wnwrote

Gluten-free chocolate cake recipe via Doves Farm
Chocolate buttercream frosting recipe via Love is in my Tummy
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig