6 May 2019

Kiln – Newcastle


Can anything make the emotional slog of a 9-hour train journey (make that five train journeys) better? I didn't think so, but train rage has a way of leaving my body as soon as I reach my destination, no matter how many delays, run-over cows (yes, really) and cancellations. Plus, the promise of a decent breakfast the following morning was enough to wipe the trauma from my mind completely. I was visiting my brother and his girlfriend in Gateshead a few weeks ago, determined to get away; a nice little break from Wales and a nosy to see what the North East brunch scene had to offer.


Bar, cafe and pottery, Kiln is everything I love all in one. Their brunch menu is perfection – simple dishes that are clearly made with love. I had the eggy in the hole (cute!) which consisted of two poached eggs in a huge square of focaccia (my favourite), tomatoes, mushrooms and aioli, served up on one of their gorgeous handmade plates, which you can even buy to take home. It was delish and I was sold.


I loved Kiln so much I almost – almost – considered applying for the full-time position advertised outside... however, I'm trying this new thing where I don't rush into big changes, but that's a topic for another blog post.

There is loads more to find out about Kiln (and a couple of menus to pore over) on their site, which you must check out as it is absolutely beautiful. Obviously, pay them a visit too if you're in the area; I can't wait to go back!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig