16 November 2015

Comptoir Libanais – Soho


For a good few years I've been eyeballing Comptoir Libanais with much intrigue. Having never tried lebanese food, I wondered, what the fuss was all about? I decided to see for myself and went to the Soho branch a few weeks ago for a late lunch. It was a quiet Sunday and we pretty much had the restaurant to ourselves. I was really hungry so starters, mains and desserts were in order, and with such a large menu I was spoilt for choice.

First up were drinks, though, and here's what I got: Iced Fresh Rose Mint Tea. A sweet and zesty tea that made me so happy I cannot even describe it to you. It was incredible. They did a hot version, too!


For starters we got some Damascus olives and Jawaneh (chicken wings with harissa and garlic sauce). The chicken was juicy, spicy and sweet, and the olives were fantastic – fresh and juicy and full of flavour.

The main event: lamb kofta wrap. The menu describes it as spiced minced lamb with hommos, pickled cucumber and tomato and this sounded so tasty to me. I wasn't disappointed. It arrived piping hot, the wrap crisp on the outside and soft underneath, the lamb was so well seasoned – like a sausage, almost, and paired with the salad it was perfect.
And to finish, a chocolate and cranberry brownie, which, if served alone I think would have been too dry but with the ice cream and chocolate sauce it was so yummy. And yes, I ate every last bit. 

I so wish Comptoir Libanais would open a few more restaurants outside of London (there are lebanese food converts here in Bristol too, you know!) I'm dying for another wrap right about now, but I guess I'll just have to wait until my next visit to the city. Find out more about Comptoir Libanais here – brace yourself for a rumbly tummy.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I went to Comptoir Libanais (the Kensington branch) not too long ago too, and I wasn't too impressed :( But I guess it was the things we ordered - I'll probably give it another shot - I have a branch near where I live!

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That's a shame. What did you order?
      xx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig