6 April 2015

Shoreditch Grind


There's something comforting about entering a coffee shop - be it old or new - the smell of coffee and the warmth of people relaxing and conversing has always been a catalyst for fond memories in my life. Plus, coffee tastes so much better when it's made just for you. For me, the novelty of going out for coffee will never wear off. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember - from juice and hot chocolate when I was a child with my parents, to lattes and americanos when exploring towns and cities with friends. It's a ritual that I will savor forever.

I would visit a new coffee shop every weekend if I could, and Shoreditch Grind had been on my list for at least a year, until finally, I went with Elly and Simon, the same day as our magnificent cereal feast at Cereal Killer Cafe in Brick Lane. It was in quite an odd location - at a busy junction surrounded by big office buildings. However, once inside, the built up location didn't detract from Shoreditch Grind's pared down atmosphere at all.

 
Sunday afternoon means sleepy relaxation, and Shoreditch Grind delivered. Considering how busy London is, there is still time for quiet, and we had space to really enjoy our time at this coffee shop.

We ordered a flat white, black coffee and ristretto. Simon forcibly drank his ristretto - it tasted like marmite, apparently - before ordering a more palatable latte. I enjoyed my black coffee, it was strong, exactly how I like it, but after my visit to Monmouth Coffee, I don't think anything else can compete.

And here's a close up of Elly's flat white. It's just too pretty not to include in this post.

Have you been to Shoreditch Grind? It's been hyped up by so many bloggers and although I enjoyed my visit, it doesn't knock Monmouth off the top spot, I'm afraid!


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. This looks like a really fab place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been but will definitely consider going now but for a latte ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's hard to beat Monmouth! Although I love living in West London, I do feel a pang of envy every time I read about all these great little places in Shoreditch and the like - even though I always feel far too uncool when in the East end ;) this looks like a lovely spot for a relaxing coffee! x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig