22 December 2014

Last Minute Gift Guide: Beauty


I've noticed that working 40 hour weeks makes life go by a lot quicker, and the festive season is no exception. Christmas is only a couple of days away and it's a bittersweet feeling – it means the end of Christmas parties, Christmas films and Christmas jumpers, AND I have only managed to have one Christmas snuggle day! But let's just enjoy it all while it lasts. It is, after all, the best time of year.

Thankfully, I have all my gifts sorted, and admittedly, I did most of it online (so organised, so boring) but if you're still scrambling around for gift ideas, here are my suggestions for the lovely lady in your life (or, you know, you, because you have to get yourself a Christmas present too).

1. Lancome Hypnose Lovely Eyes Mascara Gift Set - £22.50*
I am a huge fan of Lancome, thanks to the impeccable taste of my mum who has been purchasing the original Hypnose mascara for as long as I can remember. Just last Christmas she gave me the original Hypnose mascara gift set and it soon became my every-day mascara.
The difference with this one is that it creates the look of doll eyes, and that is my absolute favourite look. For the same price of the mascara on its own you get a black kohl pencil and bottle of make up remover too, so it's a pretty neat deal.
House of Fraser currently have three different sets for dramatic eyes, glamorous eyes or lovely eyes (my fave) and any one would make a gorgeous gift for your best friend, mum or girlfriend.

2. The Body Shop Aloe Protective Restoring Mask - £13
In recent years I have fallen in love with The Body Shop products, and their face masks in particular. I have blemish-prone skin and my go-to mask is the tea tree one, but for a fail safe gift, the Aloe Protective Restoring Mask would be my go-to. As it's suitable for sensitive skin, it is, therefore, in my mind, suitable for all skin types, and all girls love a pamper.

3. Bourjois Colour Boost Set - £16
I've got a couple of these colour boost lip crayons and I can't praise them enough. They're highly pigmented, glossy lip balms that are intensely hydrating and long lasting. Bourjois is a fantastic high street make up brand that I keep going back to because of the quality of their products. I actually bought this set on ASOS a while ago and used the three lip crayons as individual gifts. You can, of course, buy these individually in any Boots or Superdrug store.

4. Topshop Floral Make Up Bag - £10
I bought this make up bag for my friend Rhi's birthday back in October and I'm tempted to buy it again for someone else. It's a fantastic make up bag - roomy, waterproof (make up proof? You know what I mean) and the pattern is gorgeous.

5. Real Rechniques Core Collection - £21.99
I know it seems ridiculous that in this day and age there are some poor souls out there who don't own this make up brush set, but they do, I know – my best friend is one of them. These are undeniably the best budget make up brushes out there and I still use every single one of the brushes in this set, having owned them for the best part of two years. The quality has not faltered and for the price you really can't beat this set – it's the ultimate beauty gift this Christmas.
SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig