6 August 2014

Uni Reunion at Urban Taphouse – Cardiff

I don't know what it is with me and my uni friends – I seem to go months and months without seeing any of them, despite how close some of them live to me. Is this what being an adult is?! I hope not. Beth and I finally decided to set a date, however, and on Saturday we met up in Cardiff for a day of shopping, eating and catching up.

Beth was my first friend at uni - we were flatmates in first year and we have so many memories from the last four years. I really miss living with her. We used to have duvet days in the living room with our other flatmate Becky watching Disney films and rubbish chick flicks, as well as cheese and wine nights and days out shopping and lots and lots of nights out. Just writing about this is making me miss our uni times together.

We reminisced on some of these times when we stopped at Urban Taphouse for lunch, as well as exchanging stories about our 'grown up' lives now. It was strangely quiet for a Saturday, but the atmosphere was chilled and pleasant nonetheless. Known for its beers, I imagine Urban Taphouse fills up nicely on a Friday and Saturday night, but we were there for the burgers.
I loved the interior of this place. So many gorgeous photographs hung high up on the walls, and tables with Scrabble letters spelling out table numbers, it was really relaxed and tastefully set up without being pretentious.




Beth ordered The Jerk and I went for The Fish - both served in the most amazingly soft, toasted brioche buns with fries and coleslaw. We had to order the pizza fries too. Just look at them. Absolute perfection.

You get a lot for your money at Urban Taphouse so if you've got a big appetite, this is the place to go. Everything tasted amazing but we were too full to finish it all – our eyes were bigger than our stomachs on this occasion. We spent the afternoon walking off our food babies and looking for bum bags which we couldn't find anywhere :(
 
Have you been to Urban Taphouse? It's situated just opposite the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, a couple of minutes' walk from the city centre, and totally worth visiting for something a bit more interesting than your average pub burger. You can find out more about Urban Taphouse here – and if you do decide to go, tweet/instagram me a picture of your burger @hello_flower
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Oooh this food looks so yummy. I love a good burger place.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best place for burgers in Cardiff (that I have found yet anyway!)
      N xo

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is my ideal meal, pretty much...thanks for sharing it virtually with us ;) And congrats on 200 followers! :)

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace : )
      Hope you get a chance to go at some point, it was amaaaazing.
      N xo

      Delete
  3. Your Uni days sound so lovely, I wish I had taken full advantage of it and had flatmates..so cute. Those chips are like nothing I've seen before haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty special, but it was a bit like living in a bubble and when it ended it was really hard to come out of it!
      It's 9 o'clock in the morning and I could eat a bowl of the pizza fries... not gonna lie
      N xo

      Delete
  4. Oh my god this looks amazing and is making me so hungry! I bet it's such an adjustment after leaving Uni; I'm already sad that after leaving high school I won't see my friends every day!
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the biggest adjustment of my life : ( nothing like leaving school, in my experience - i was just so excited to go to uni when I left school, but unless you have a plan for after uni, it's not as exciting : (

      N xo

      Delete
  5. I love burgers and if it's with fish then it's even better! Love the scrabble pieces in the table too, that's so cute! :)

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never even thought to put fish in a burger - it was a winner!

      N xo

      Delete
  6. Yum. I love the scrabble letters in the tabletop too. lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cute, isn't it? I can't wait to go back : )
      N xo

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh what is the purple stuff on your plate? The burgers look delicious xx

    http://stripeyjane.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coleslaw! I'm guessing it was made with purple cabbage, hence the colour ;)
      N xo

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig