10 July 2016

Brunch At The Well – Bristol



Ever since Paige tweeted about Wriggle I've been dying to see what's on offer near me. Special offers at independent restaurants? Yes, please. Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day, so when I woke up one Saturday with no plans I got straight on the app.
At The Well was offering blueberry pancakes with bacon and maple syrup for a FIVER, so I text my housemate Tom and we headed straight down.








I walk past At The Well every day on my way to work and I've wanted to go in and try their pancakes for AGES, but you know, work calls. It's a cafe and a laundrette, which is so Stokes Croft, but cute nonetheless. Inside the decor is like a second-hand furniture shop, but it's very clean and quaint. We arrived at about 10am to find the cafe just opening. It was nice; we had the place to ourselves, so plenty of space and quiet. That's important at breakfast time.

I don't know if you're acquainted with Bristol, but if not, you're very welcome here. I've never lived anywhere else where I've felt more myself, more accepted and free to just be. In an area passionate about local, independent business, it's so easy to feel like you matter, and that's what I love the most about this city. At The Well is no exception and it really encapsulates what Bristol is all about. It's one of many friendly, warm cafes waiting to welcome you in with its homemade food, quirky decor and well-presented coffee.

Tom got a hot chocolate with marshmallows and I had the cold brew coffee. It came with a jug of milk and a teeny tiny jug of maple syrup, which I'd pass up on next time but it was an interesting combination to try.












Let's just take another moment to appreciate the size of the jugs again. Why so tiny? Why so cute? And these pancakes, well, they were some of the best I've had outside of my own kitchen. Served with butter, blueberries and the crispiest bacon, it ticked all the boxes and we were absolutely stuffed by the end. Safe to say I'll be back At The Well with or without a Wriggle deal. This cafe is just delightful.

You can find At The Well on Cheltenham Road. Its opening hours vary so check out their website to find out more, but most days they're open late so you can eat, drink and get your laundry done all in one trip.


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This looks so beautiful! I loved what you said about feeling accepted and at home in Bristol - that's so nice to hear as it's one of the cities me and my boyfriend are considering moving to in a few years. There's only so long you can handle the business of London! I've been to Bristol twice so far and have loved it so much in both visits. :) I can't wait to go back soon! x

    Laura // Middle of Adventure

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig