6 December 2013

Word of the Week

This week I have been thinking about the word visceral. It keeps cropping up, although I can't put my finger on where I first saw it. Its significance, however, stems from a spelling test I was required to complete during the interview for the job I'll be starting in January. I did not know the meaning of the word but I knew how to spell it, and for a while I've been meaning to find out the definition, as it is a word that I like the sound and look of.

I am still trying to figure out how to use this word in writing and in conversation. It's not one that I hear or see too often, so it might prove a little tricky to begin with. I will have to do some more research before it becomes a popular word in my vocabulary, but learning the definition has been a good start. I just love the way this word sounds when spoken aloud.

What is your word of the week? What do you think of the word 'visceral'?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I see this word everywhere, or at least it feels like I do. I agree it's a lovely word, but despite my best efforts to understand what it means, I don't think I could use it in a sentence! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of it! Can't really say I've ever used it haha xx



    www.jesscaedmunds.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig